TROY, Mich., Feb. 12, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Meritor® (NYSE:MTOR) will introduce three new products and announce a new ratio for a current axle solution at the Technology & Maintenance Council (TMC) 2015 Annual Meeting & Transportation Technology Exhibition in Nashville, Tennessee from Feb. 16 through Feb. 19.
Meritor plans to fuel change in the industry by showcasing:
- MTIS™ Tire Inflation System for Trucks, the industry's first automatic tire inflation system for linehaul tractors that helps extend tire and wheel component life, increase performance and fuel efficiency and reduce tire wear and maintenance;
- The FUELite+™ 6x2 rear axle and a new 2.28 super-fast ratio to the14X 6x4 rear-drive tandem axle to improve vehicle efficiency and mileage through downspeeding;
- MTec6™, a six-inch, large-diameter trailer axle featuring the market's lightest-weight design, which will help fleets save fuel, expand payload capacity and increase tire life.
"Each and every product on display at TMC is helping fuel change in the industry," said Chris Villavarayan, president, Americas for Meritor. "Meritor is leading the trend on delivering products that make OEM vehicles more efficient by saving fuel, increasing uptime and reducing maintenance costs. These solutions, combined with DriveForce™, our industry-leading service and support team, will positively impact how fleets do business."
In addition to the three launches, visitors to booth No. 910 can view the following Meritor and Meritor WABCO products:
- MFS12.5™, a lightweight, front-steer axle that offers an optimized turning radius of 55 degrees;
- FUELite™ tandem axle, engineered to maximize weight savings and increase fuel efficiency in linehaul applications;
- MTA25™ trailing-arm air ride trailer suspension system with Meritor® Tire Inflation System by P.S.I.™;
- 14X carrier, the most-used axle in North America with best-in-class design;
- RPL35™ driveline, designed to handle the higher torque imposed on drivelines from downspeeding engines for fuel economy in linehaul applications;
- MeritorQ+™ and STEELite X30™ drum brakes and EX+™ air disc brakes for truck and trailer applications, engineered to deliver performance and serviceability;
- Safety and efficiency products from Meritor WABCO;
- Meritor aftermarket products, such as the Meritor Wheel Bearing Adjustment System and Temper-Loc spindle nuts, which offer quick and accurate preload, or "tight" bearing adjustments on a variety of steer, drive and trailer axles to reduce premature tire wear and vehicle downtime.
Meritor, Inc. is a leading global supplier of drivetrain, mobility, braking and aftermarket solutions for commercial vehicle and industrial markets. With more than a 100-year legacy of providing innovative products that offer superior performance, efficiency and reliability, the company serves commercial truck, trailer, off-highway, defense, specialty and aftermarket customers around the world. Meritor is based in Troy, Mich., United States, and is made up of more than 9,000 diverse employees who apply their knowledge and skills in manufacturing facilities, engineering centers, joint ventures, distribution centers and global offices in 18 countries. Common stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol MTOR. For important information, visit the company's website at meritor.com.
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20110330/DE73783LOGO
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/meritor-showcases-new-products-that-fuel-change-300035603.html
SOURCE Meritor, Inc.
Media Inquiries, Cheryl Kilborn, (248) 435-7907, email@example.com, Investor Inquiries, Carl Anderson, (248) 435-1588, firstname.lastname@example.org