TROY, Mich., March 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Meritor Inc. (NYSE: MTOR) announced today the introduction of the P600 Series planetary axles, including the P610 and P614. These two planetary axles are engineered for heavy-haul, oil field, logging and mining applications globally and are ready for production.
The P610 and P614 axles, available in tandem and tridem configurations, use common components from other Meritor axles, allowing for reduced lead times and quicker customer deliveries.
"Most of the components used in the P610 and P614 heavy-haul axles are the same as those used on high-volume Meritor axles, which have been reliable in demanding applications," said Ben Reineck, director of Specialty for Meritor. "We're confident that these heavy-haul planetary axles are a great fit for our specialty customers."
As an addition to Meritor's specialty drivetrain product portfolio, the heavy-haul planetary axles' features and benefits include:
- Tandem axle maximum gross axle weight rating at 84,000 pounds and tridem axle maximum gross axle weight rating at 126,000 pounds for carrying higher-capacity loads
- Driver-controlled differential lock or inter-axle differential for all carriers and inter-axles maximizes traction
- Anti-lock braking system capability delivers optimum safety and performance
- Non-vented drum brake protects the braking system while operating in adverse conditions
- Fabricated steel housings with brackets accept most heavy-duty suspensions available in the market
- Broad overall axle ratio ranging from 3.46:1–24.8:1 delivers favorable ratio selection for unique and demanding applications
Meritor will showcase the heavy-haul planetary axle during the ConExpo tradeshow in booth 63206 at the Las Vegas Convention Center March 4-8.
Meritor, Inc. is a leading global supplier of drivetrain, mobility, braking and aftermarket solutions for commercial vehicle and industrial markets. With more than a 100-year legacy of providing innovative products that offer superior performance, efficiency and reliability, the company serves commercial truck, trailer, off-highway, defense, specialty and aftermarket customers around the world. Meritor is based in Troy, Mich., United States, and is made up of more than 9,000 diverse employees who apply their knowledge and skills in manufacturing facilities, engineering centers, joint ventures, distribution centers and global offices in 18 countries. Common stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol MTOR. For important information, visit the company's website at meritor.com.
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20110330/DE73783LOGO
SOURCE Meritor, Inc.
Media Inquiries: Robert Herta, (248) 435-1185, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Investor Inquiries: Carl Anderson, (248) 435-1588, email@example.com